Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sassy Chick with Amanda







I have loved every minute playing with Sassy Chick!  Between the clever sentiments and darling icons, this set is perfect for spring!


I love making small Easter baskets and filling them with fun treats.  I die cut this basket using this file and decorated the sides with grass and bright flowers.  I stamped a happy sun and adhered it to a little straw.


Each side of the basket is covered with grassy hills.  I stamped a bunch of bright flowers and made a border along the front of the basket.  I wish my flower beds looked this good in real life!


Almost every year we get new chicks here on the farm and they are such funny little creatures.  I layered some grass and used the tulip blossom as an eggshell.  One little chick thought he would try to fly and got a little turned around!


I couldn't resist putting this cute little chick in a pair of bright red boots.  I made the puddle by scribbling circles with a watercolor pencil and then going over the circles with a water brush.  Super easy!


Happy Spring!

Amanda

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

TOTALLY FABULOUS.. loving all the Spring inspirations..

Unknown said...

Your basket is so amazing!!!!

Amante del Papel said...

totally amazing!!

Jo said...

Amazing work Amanda!

Unknown said...

These are AWESOME - can't wait until I get this set - I love the sun stamp!!!