Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Forever Yours with Amanda



Today is new Pit Crew Member Amanda Coleman's first post with us.  She will tell us a bit about herself.



I live near Rexburg, Idaho with my husband of 12 years, my 9 year-old son, and 7 year-old daughter. Just over a year ago we bought a small farm and are still learning the quirks of managing a larger property as well as a barn full of critters.  I delight in everything chocolate and relish my daily Coke Zero.  I enjoy crafts of all types.  I sew a little, crochet a little, and enjoy baking and cooking.  I used to be a high school teacher and teach biology part time at the local university.

Hi everyone!  Amanda here and I am so excited to be sharing my first post as an official Pit Crew member!


I couldn't resist the darling little Bug in the Forever Yours set and thought it would be fun to bring them to life with some cute little faces.


I paper pieced the taillights and drew in eyelids, pupils, and eyelashes on the little lady Bug.  Even Mr. Bug got a touch of color on his lids.


The pretty champagne flutes and the congratulations sentiment in the Forever Yours set make a lovely wedding card.  After stamping the champagne flutes on the card, I stamped them on gold vellum, fussy cut the champagne and adhered it to the card.  I added a few gold sequins to really make the card shine.


I combined Forever Yours with the Days and Months add-on to create a floral save the date card.  The mint, gray, and coral are so trendy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Amanda

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Adore your Love Bug card -- so ingenious!

Jo said...

the eyes on the card are adorable!

~amy~ said...

absolutely wonderful!

Unknown said...

SO super fun and adorable!!!!